Pieces from Real Life (RL)

by - May 29, 2016

Hi everyone,

As you probably figured by now, I don't just read and write - I mean, c'mon, I need a full-time job to pay for my chocolate and pizza addiction. Until I write a 'Harry Potter' or a '50 Shades of Grey', I am a working tool from 9 to 5.

Sometimes, though, I indulge myself in the little pleasures of life - such as SUSHI!

Spent this Bank Holiday Weekend Sunday cooking some sushi - yes, cooked sushi... I know, I know, it's a culinary calamity, but I rather not have the stomach flu!


The Preparation

Check out my fluffy non-Uggs home boots!

I love Sushi. Sushi is one of those foods that will never get you fat! Honestly, you know why? 'Cause it takes about 3hours to get everything ready, and once you're finished, you're so tired and sick of the algae smell, that you'll take one or two bites and you're full - and you'll have leftover sushi for the next couple of days. You get through the rice cooking, easy peasy, your hands smell like vinagre, there's bits of rice under your arms, and you're as happy as a Poppy!

Almost there:


 Now, you have all these adorable little sushi rolls, and you're seconds away to devour them; all that's standing in your way is the cutting - and, dear Lord, my boyfriend took FOREVER to get these cut! I was so starving I filled my stomach with melon juice and garlic bread...


Eating time!


The result was great! Everything tasted and smelled wonderful, we had about 80 little rolls - which normally I would eat in about ten minutes. The truth is, when you have to do it yourself, and not wait for the nice Japanese lady at the restaurant to bring it to you, you end up eating about 10% of what you have - better save the rest for the next few days, because it is HARD to make this meal!


Sorry for the short post. Just wanted to share with you my 2nd attempt at homemade Sushi. I will now leave and eat sushi leftovers while I run on the treadmill and cry! :D *crying fading*


Happy Readings,

Sophie

You May Also Like

0 comments