CAMBRIDGE & LONDON

by - August 18, 2016

Hey guys!


Ever since I've moved to England, I wanted to visit Cambridge and London - and it's been almost 2 years, but finally we've made it to the greatest city in the world, and my favourite campus ever.


CAMBRIDGE


The most beautiful beautiful I've ever seen - King's College


I have to admit I expected to find a calm student village with a lot of culture. Truth is, there's culture alright, and there was also thousands and thousands of people on the streets. The atmosphere, as soon as you step your feet on the busy streets, makes you want to go back to school.


King's College and Queen's College


Cambridge, as a University, dates back to 1209 - yes, you've read it right, it's over 800 HUNDRED years! I thought this was awesome. Just to imagine how many brilliant minds have set foot there, how many have lived and walked among these close to a thousand years old walls.



All the terrifying, life-threatening, bikes!


Students and tourists alike would either walk or ride one of those cute bikes with a basket - I was tempted to try the bike, but the honest truth is that I have terrible balance.



 

The Mathematical Bridge and King's College overlooking the River Cam



Funny thing is, this is not even the OLDEST university in the world - yeah, I know, isn't it absolutely jaw-dropping?! The oldest university, I came to know, is University of Al Quaraouiyine in Morocco, established in 859 - that's exactly 1157 years!

A great day out, in a rare sunny Sunday in England. 5* town, I recommended immensely!


LONDON

It's London, baby! They say New York is the city that never sleeps, but I bet you anything in the world that London is not so far behind either.


The London Eye looking over the Thames

We woke up to a warm Saturday, one not too common in England, and this asks for a nice walk and sightseeing.

The four of us travelled down to jolly London early in the morning. The Tube was busy, people - even on a Saturday - would Run-walk from anything to anywhere, that's just how the city life works apparently.





We spent hours walking in the halls of the Natural History Museum. The dinosaurs still blow me away - that huge T Rex, though!

To know about our own Earth, our own body, our minds, is something that I never get tired of.


One of the most beautiful buildings in London


I'm always mesmerised by the architecture of the Natural History Museum


My dream library!


The hours go by when you're in London - especially in the museums; especially in a packed museum at 2pm! We walked a stunning 18 miles or so - my feet are still sore. We had just one day to see everything we wanted, and I have to say I'm impressed that we've made it!


The massive Big Ben



(L to R) My sister in law V, myself, brother in law R, and my Prince H <3

Cutie, sneaky Prince H  ^_^


The haunted Tower of London


When you live in another country and you have no family or close friends nearby, it's these short days that keep you going. To have had family with us for over 2 weeks, it's the best feeling in the world - and it doesn't hurt that after a long day of work, your sister-in-law has cleaned your whole house and did your laundry!   ^_^



MR PRIME MINISTER - MY BOOK SET IN LONDON


If my trip to London has inspired you, remember that my novel MR PRIME MINISTER is set in this beautiful cultural city.

Alice Summers, sweet, kind and somehow romantic girl next door.

Charles Whitehall, charming, funny and bachelor UK's Prime Minister.

Alice didn't know that by helping the most powerful man in the country, her life would do a 180º. Although being under the eye of a famous man has its perks, she's not the kind of girl to enjoy the big spotlight and all it comes with fame.


Don't forget to get it now from the shops below.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Prime-Minister-Sophie-Quinn-ebook/dp/B00US37N0O/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1471527137&sr=1-1https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Sophie_Quinn_Mr_Prime_Minister?id=hHZeCAAAQBAJ

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/mr-prime-minister/id975263565?mt=11https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebook/mr-prime-minister-1

http://www.lulu.com/gb/en/shop/sophie-quinn/mr-prime-minister/ebook/product-22289188.htmlhttp://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mr-prime-minister-sophie-quinn/1121497314



Happy readings,
Sophie




You May Also Like

0 comments