My Top 5 Urban Fantasy Novels

by - September 11, 2016

Hi y'all!

This is definitely my favourite genre, these days.


1. THE FEVER SERIES - Karen Marie Moning

My favourite series of all time. It has inspired me in so many of my stories, just because Miss Moning's characters are so rich and deep. No one is just good, and no character is just a villain. There are shades of grey with all of them, and the fact that is set in Dublin is just a perk. You have something close to werewolves, something similar to vampires, some Fae, some ghosts, but they're all so peculiar you can't categorize anyone in just one category. And I just love that!





2. THE BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD SERIES - J. R. Ward


Uh, the Brothers!!!! *.* I have to say my favourite is Zsadist. I just love an underdog, and and anti-hero, and Zsadist is definitely both. If what you love is tough vampires, and not sentimental and shining ones, this series is a definitely go!




3. THE DARK HUNTER SERIES - Sherrilyn Kenyon

It's been a while since I've read anything from Miss Kenyon, but that doesn't mean that this long series isn't great. It is, there's so many different mythological characters, backgrounds and love stories, that you will fall in love with it from book 1!




4. DEATH IS MY BFF SERIES - Katarina E. Tonks

You might not be too familiar with this series, but you can trust when I say that Katarina is a wonderful writer. The main characters, the Grim Reaper himself and the heroine Faith Williams, get on this love story together that saying it's complicated, is an understatement. Originally a nove on WATTPAD (you can find all kinds of great writing in there!), Katarina has published all the novels in the series on her WATTPAD page only, which makes one of the few successful Wattpad authors of all time.




5. CHARLEY DAVIDSON SERIES - Darynda Jones


In the same lines of Tonks' DEATH IF MY BFF series, this time the girl is the Grim Reaper. Charley Davidson (and yes, that is really her name, which is hilarious to me). Charley sees dead people and she has to convince them to go into the light and find ultimate peace. But, obviously, with eight books under her wing, you might guess this is easier said then done.




If you love Urban Fantasy the same way I do, add these fantastic books to your reading list - mine has thousands of stories on hold, still, so if you're anything like me, you'll add these as well, even though you know you should get one with your reading!

Happy Readings,
Sophie

You May Also Like

0 comments