Top 5 Books to read this Christmas - my personal list

by - December 21, 2015

Hello guys!

Christmas is almost here, and today I decided to share with you some of my favorite books to read around the Holidays. Note, most of these books don't have a Holiday theme, I just love to read them around this time because they make me feel cozy and hopeful.

And here we go!


#1 SEVENWATERS TRILOGY - Juliet Marillier


I'm biased because these are my favorite books of all time. I read them every year, at least 2 times - so yes, I'm that obssessed with this story.

I stopped following Sevenwaters after the 4th book. For me, the story of Sorcha and her daughter were the ones who touched me the most, and for me, Sevenwaters lost all its magic after those two characters are no longer in the books.

Set in primitive Ireland, it brings you a time of druids and dark arts, Gods and mortals. It's a beautiful tale of love, family, friendship, and hope. Take time and read the three original books, they are lovely.





#2 THE IRISH TRILOGY - Nora Roberts


My favorite book/trilogy from this amazing author. Starts with a great story about finding yourself when your life crumbles around you, gives you hope to find love and family. For me, these three books are the real thing when it comes to true love and family romance. Miss Roberts is always impecable in her love scenes, tasteful but steamy.

Set in Ireland - again - we accompany Jude Murray, a recently divorced American who runs to an old cottage, set in a hill once said to be a place of fairies. We get to know this broken woman and to root for her to finally find her one true love and her place in the world.

One of my favorite works of one of my favorite authors, this trilogy is all about finding who you are and loving it.




#3 - FEVER SERIES - Karen Marie Moning

Miss Moning started writing historical romances about hot scottish men - and they weren't half bad, let me tell you, for I read them ALL myself :D. I think she hit the right key with this series. We meet MacKayla Lane, an American young lady whose life is pretty simple in her pretty simple and small town. her sister, Alina, gets murthered in Ireland. Mac decided to travel to Dublin and try to find what happened to her sister, the whole truth. In her mission, she trips on the Fae world, and ends up taking sides with the mysteriously hot book store owner, Jericho Barrons - book crush!!!!! 

This series is one of the best I've read about the paranormal and the magic arts. We get to take a different look at Dublin throughout the series - again, Ireland; I'm starting to see a pattern here...

Hot fairies, monsters from your worst nightmares and really really amazing cars, this series is something very different from what we're used to read during the holidays.


#4 PRIDE & PREJUDICE - Jane Austen

They call them classics for a reason, and the reason this book is on my list is because I can read it - and watch the BBC mini series - pretty much every month, and never get tired of it. We have the Bennets, who are not a very ordinary family. We get to follow Elizabeth Bennet's fight for her own ideals, in a time where women's opinions weren't really that important.

Set in Victorian England, this lovely story about overcoming our own pride and misconceptions, teach us that love is in the place we last looked, while still keeping your principles.



#5 - LITTLE WOMEN -Louisa May Alcott


Another historical romance about family. The amazing and heartfelt story of the March family, whose father is at war during the Christmas time. It follows the story of the four sisters Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy, from their childhood years until they become women and find love. It's a story about hope, about loss, and all the complicated steps that come from growing up.



I hope you all enjoy some nice readings, and if you have your own favorites, please share them in the comments! Have a Happy and Merry Christmas!

Happy Readings,
Sophie

You May Also Like

0 comments