Top 5 Movies to see this Christmas - my personal list

by - December 17, 2015

Hello beautiful people,

I bet you're all preparing for Christmas - it's only a week away! Let me guess, you haven't got all the presents for all your friends and family, do you? If you're like me, you'll leave to the last couple of days, and then cry among the crowd of thousands of others just like you, going crazy with Holiday spirit.

Let's face it, although we all say Christmas is not about the presents, we all love to get a little treat, specially from the one we love. To comemorate this special season, I give you my personal list of Christmas movies, so you can enjoy a nice day and evening with your loved ones.

#1 - Home Alone/Home Alone 2




Who are we kidding, it's the ultimate Christmas movie! Actually, I can't remember one Christmas that I haven't watched the two movies with the (once) awesome MacCaulay Culkin.A family comedy, with everything a kid (and an adult) loves in a movie: action, bad guys, pranks, and just tons of laughs.


#2 - Love Actually




Yes, it's a sapy romance with too many couples and too many stories that, somehow, all end up touching your heart and get you in the holiday spirit. It brings you hope, if you're hurting, joy if you're in need, and just makes you laugh and go 'Aw!' during the 136 minutes it lasts.


#3 - Bridget Jones Diary




My personal favorite Romantic Comedy. Bridget just calls out for the screw up in all of us. She is warming but messy, and she can barely hold up the pieces of her personal and professional life - and how many of us haven't felt like that? Bridget will give you hope, specially if you feel the Holiday blues.


#4 - The Nightmare Before Christmas



An obvious choice, whether for Christmas or Halloween. I just love Tim Burton, and for me, the music in this animation movie just makes me want to jump off my chair and sing along. We follow Jack Skellington in his quest to bring Christmas to Halloween Town. It has a lesson to be learned, as do all Tim Burton's movies, and for me it brings out the Holiday cheer in a very special way.


#5 - The Grinch



A lovely story about this weird looking Jim Carrey, and how he hated Christmas. As expected, the Grinch comes to peace with the festivities, but not before making the Whos' lifes pretty hard. He his followed by an adorable dog, which he learns to love and care for, as well. A wonderful family movie, specially if you have a Grinch of your own in your family.




I hope you get to watch some of these wonderful movies. Please, do share your favorite movies on the comments! Let me know what you usually watch with your loved ones.

Enjoy the Holidays, have a Merry Little Christmas!!!

Happy Readings,
Sophie

You May Also Like

0 comments